Having understood briefly the Major religions of the world, one can
summarize the common features of all the religions into External Unity
and Internal Unity.
THE COMMON FEATURES
- All the religions were founded between 7th century BC
and 7th century AD with the exception of Hinduism.
- All the religions were born in Asia.
- All the religions had one particular founder (Prophet) except Hinduism,
Christianity by Jesus Christ, Buddhism by Buddha, Islam by Prophet
Mohammed, Zoroastrianism by Zoroaster.
- All the religions have one particular Holy Book, with the exception
of Hinduism. Bible of Christianity, Koran of Islam, Zoroastrianism
of Avesta, Dharmaphadda of Buddhism.
- All religions have their holy places of pilgrimage.
- All the religions have certain holy and sacred days to be celebrated
by way of fasting, to be spent in spiritual practices.
- Prayer and worship are basic to all religions.
- All religions believe in God.
- All religions believe in the three-fold function of God, viz., Creation,
Protection and Destruction.
- All religions believe in the principle of soul of spirit.
- All religions emphasize the necessity and value of sacrifice.
- All religions believe in three worlds – Earth Heaven and Hell.
- All religions believe in the equality of man.
- All religions emphasize the supreme value and efficacy of prayer.
- All religions lay the same emphasis and stress on the necessity
of ethical life.
- The aim and goal of all religions is to make man perfect.
All religions believe in the principle of the
Brotherhood of man and the Fatherhood of God