Quiz | Answers
- In which sacred text is the Geetha incorporated?
- What is the special name given to each chapter in the Geetha?
- How many chapters are there in the Geetha?
- Mention them.
- How many Slokas (verses) are there in the Geetha?
- What is the concluding commentary of each chapter?
- Where and when was Geetha taught?
- Why was the Geetha taught?
- Why was Arjuna overwhelmed by despondency though he had come prepared
- How did Lord Krishna dispel Arjuna's delusion?
- What is the central message of the Geetha?
- What is 'Svadharma' and what is 'Paradharma'?
- Why did Lord Krishna impart knowledge of Aatma only to Arjuna and
not either to Beeshma or Yudhishthira?
- Krishna addresses Arjuna during the course of the dialogue by many
names. Mention them.
- Give the meaning of each name.
- What light do these names throw on the personality of Arjuna?
- What is the meaning of yoga?
- How is yoga defined in Geetha?
- What are the principal yogas in the Geetha?
- What is Karma Yoga?
- How does Swami explain Karma, Vikarma and Akarma?
- Explain the meaning of the verse
Karmanyeva adhikaaras the ma phalehsu kadhachana.
Maa karma phala hethur bhuh maatha sangauthva karmani II 47.
- What is Bhakthi yoga?
- How many types of Bhakthi are there?
- Give examples of each.
- What are the qualities that a true devotee should have?
- What is Jnaana yoga?
- How many types of Jnaana are there?
- How can one earn Jnaana?
- What is Raaja yoga?
- King Janaka, Sant Naama Dhev, Sant Jnaana Dhev, are realised souls.
What was the yoga they practised?
- How does Swami explain the inter-relationship between Karma, Jnaana
and Bakthi maargas?
- What is it that prevents a spiritual aspirant from taking to these
- What is mind?
- Why should mind be controlled?
- How can mind be controlled?
- What are the other components of the mind?
- What are the impurities that affect the mind?
- What is Mala?
- What is Aavarana?
- What is Vikshepa?
- How can these impurities be removed?
- What is it that is responsible for these impurities?
- What are 'Gunas'?
- Describe the characteristics of these Gunas?
- What is the basis for these Gunas?
- How many types of food are there?
- What exactly is food according to Swami?
- What should we do to purify the food?
- What are the impurities related to food?
- Who digests the food that we eat?
- What are the types of food that He digests?
- How can we get rid of these Gunas?
- What are the three gates to Hell?
- How do they affect an?
- How does Geetha illustrate that 'desire leads to despair'?
- What are the three stages that make an aspirant merge in God?
- What is the illustration given by Swami to explain these stages?
- Which is more fruitful - the worship of God with name and form
or worship of God without form and name?
- What does Geetha say about Avathaaric mission?
- What is the message of the Vibhuti yoga?
- What is the purpose of the Visvaruupa Samdharshana yoga?
- What are the qualities of an Sthitha Pragna?
- How can the despondency of Arjuna be called a yoga?
- How does Lord Krishna explain the efficacy of the caste system?
- What does Geetha say about speech habit?
- What is the meaning of these terms as given by Swami to - SAADHU,
SAMAADHI, MOKSHA, PANDIT.
- What is the significance of Dhaivaasura Sampad Vibhaga yoga?
- Describe the tree of Samsaara.
- What are the seven excellences of (STHREE) woman as mentioned in
the Vibuthi yoga?
- How does Swami explain the eternal longing of man 'I want peace'
and how can one attain peace?
- Complete these quotations of Swami:
a. Death is the _____________of ___________
b. Death is sweeter than the __________of ignorance.
c. As you______________so you_______________.
d. The slokas of the Geetha will banish the ___________hearts (verses).
e. Mind is the puppet of the ______________ we take.
- What is the significance of the following similies:
(a) Goods wagon, (b) Fan with three blades, (c) Match box.
- The following quotations of Swami throws light on certain teachings
of the Geetha - explain.
a. Less luggage more comfort make travel a pleasure.
b. Be in the World but let not the world enter you.
c. Food -> Head -> God
d. Man minus desire is God
e. What matters is renunciation in action and not renunciation of
- What are the two verses that serve as two banks of the river of
- What is the significance of the verse:
Pathram Pushpam phalam thoyam yome bhakthya prayacchathi tad aham
bhakthi apahrtham ahsnaami prayatatmonah (IX/66)
- How can a lazy fellow interpret the verse:
Sarva dharmaan parityajya
Maamekam sharanam vraja
Ahamthvaa sarva papebhyo mokshayishyami maasulchah
- Mention at least three verses that point out the immanent divinity.
- What are the three types of Sharanaagathi?
- What is the meaning of total surrender?
- What is the key to gain spiritual wisdom?
- How does Lord Krishna describe Aathma?
- What is the meaning given by Swami to MAN?
- What is the foundation for the mansion of the Geetha?
- How should one regard and revere the Geetha the song and word of
- "Dharmakshethre Kurukshethre" is the line with which the Geetha
starts: what is the meaning of these terms?
- Aathma is described as free and independent, then what is the meaning
of Aathma Samyamana Yoga?
- What is meditation?
- How can we say that the Geetha is Universal Scripture?
- How could Arjuna rise to the occasion and fight?
- What is the symbolical significance of Kurukshethra battle?
- What is Akshara Parbrahma yoga?
- Krishna says that he had first taught the Geetha to the Sun and
the Sun to Manu as he is teaching to Arjuna? What is the meaning?
- How can ignorance or Ajnan be removed?
- What is the verse that says "nothing is greater than self discipline"
- What is the verse that says "you shall raise self by your own self"
- Who were the people other than Arjuna who heard the Geetha?
- Did Krishna teach the Geetha only to enlighten Arjuna?
- Give the meaning of the last verse of the Geetha?
- What is the famous quotation of Swami that portrays the greatness
of the Geetha?